Why Church Membership?
- Being a member of a church is not like being a member of a club or social group. It's like being a member of a body. You represent a body part that no one else can be.
- It's a covenant relationship. A commitment FROM you and a commitment TO you.
- It's your pledge to embrace our church family mission, values, and vision.
What is the Significance of Membership?
- Being a member of our Church Family means being a leader and representative of our church. Our members govern the church at the highest level.
- It allows you to vote on important decisions of the church.
- It allows you to be considered for additional leadership positions or in positions representing the church.
Interested in learning more about membership? Where do you go from here? It's always good to start at the beginning. Your initial step is to attend:
In this one-time informational session, you will:
- Learn what the steps are to membership
- Hear history and background of the church
- Understand how we are organized
- Be introduced to the leaders
- Get an overview of our ministries
- Be introduced to our Mission, Values and Vision
- Hear about why we value membership
- Become informed on our current financial position and giving
- Have an opportunity to ask questions
Please call the office, 512-869-1310, to inquire about 2019 dates for Starting Point.
Click here to register for our next session.