- Phone: (512)869-1310
- Mailing Address: 811 Sun City Blvd Georgetown TX 78633
The Worship Place began with the vision of one man—George Moorman—who placed an ad in the Sun Rays asking if anyone was interested in forming an interdenominational church. As an interdenominational church, members could celebrate strengths and traditions of the many denominations represented at The Worship Place. On August 2, 1998, 74 people showed up for the first service of this new church in the Community Center at Sun City.
Within a year, membership grew to over 100, and the church moved to the SC Ballroom. By December of 2001, TWP members voted to purchase eight acres from Del Webb for $500,000. Then, on March 9, 2003, the first service was held in the new sanctuary at 811 Sun City Blvd.
By 2010, membership grew to 600 and the Fellowship Hall was added to the sanctuary. This addition allowed members to have classrooms for Bible Studies as well as a dining room for fellowship and special events.
As the congregation outgrew the Sun City campus, the pastoral staff and members began looking for ways to expand the facilities. In 2016, the 20-acre Rocky Hollow campus was purchased for $1.7million. On September 11, members attended the first service at the Rocky Hollow campus. The motto of the church became “one church, two locations.”
In 2014, Kelly Barnett was asked to serve as Senior Pastor. By then the membership had grown to around 1500 members and Pastor Kelly saw a need for the members to shepherd each other. Using the story of the Lost Sheep in Luke, he challenged TWP members to be good neighbors and “leave no sheep behind”. He shared his vision for a ministry that would regularly connect with every member to assure that their needs were being met. Many members worked together to put together the structure for this ministry and gave it the name of Neighborhood Ambassador Ministry.
Over the years, the ministry grew from a few Ambassadors to over 80 by 2021. In 2020, during the time of the pandemic, the vision of the ministry evolved such that it became a ministry of “under-shepherds” for the pastors, with training and support so that members serving as ambassadors were equipped to help pastors with reaching out to members and keeping pastors aware of individual members’ needs. This brought about the change in the name of the ministry to InReach Ambassador Ministry with the vision of enlisting, equipping and enabling TWP members to become Ambassadors used by God to serve their fellow neighbors. The ministry uses 2 Corinthians 5:20 as their charge: “…for we are Ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us…”